Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm leavin' on a jet plane...don't know when I be settled again!

Well, believe it or not, the time has come. I am leaving Minot in the morning to fly to DC and then travel to Virginia for my first week of work, orientation, and in-processing. I have been continuously packing for the past two days and trying to enjoy this last bit of cool weather I will experience for a while.

The next few weeks will be absolutely crazy, so I apologize now if I do not update the blog much. I will be in Virginia for a week, fly back to Minot, then leave that night for Kentucky. We are going to attempt to drive through the night, but if that doesn't work out, we will make it a two-day tour with a feline in tow...Charley is not excited about being sedated again...

Since this will be my last time in Minot, Alicia and I tried to make the most of it by going to the North Dakota State Fair and taking a trip to the mighty capital city of Bismarck, ND! Here is a picture of the capital building...which they refer to as the skyscrapper of the prairie...sad huh?!



It was nice to go to Kohl's, Sam's Club, and eat at Texas Road House though...so it was worth it!

Finally, here are a few pictures from the fair...we both got a lot of sun that day...and yes, we wore sunscreen. I am still recovering from the burn. But as you will see in the pictures, the best part about the fair was most definately the food! Alicia and I did volunteer to help out with parking for the first part of the day, which got us in to the fair for free! Enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment