Sunday, September 6, 2009

In the Midst of Change

I apologize for the fact that it has been over a month since my last post. However, life has been crazy and super busy these past few weeks. I have officially moved to Clarksville, Tennessee and have been working for Outdoor Rec at Fort Campbell for the past 3 weeks. I promise as soon as I get a chance and get my apartment set up, I will take pictures and post them on here.

Other than that, my job is going well. I have a lot to learn, but I have great people to work with and some exciting things to come! I will also be heading to Charlotte, NC next week for an Outdoor Recreation Programmers Training Course. We will be doing all kinds of fun activities like paintball, mountain biking, rock climbing, high adventure climbing, and white water rafting. (have I mentioned...I LOVE MY JOB?!)

So, everything is going well. I have met some great people, found a church I may be interested in, and am learning what it is like to be completely on my own. It is nice that I still have Charley though...at least until he wakes me up at 2:30am...and then again at 5:30am...my little child, he is. That's all I have for now. I hope you all enjoy your Labor Day, and I am off to bed! I promise I will update more often as things start to slow down a little more for me.

2 comments:

  1. That training course sounds like a blast! What a lucky girl you are! We miss you and still talk about you often. There is a picture of you at IDC (playing parachute) right by the door, and everyday on the way out we say "hi" to Tam! Glad to hear that you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam saw your question about Snow Thursday. Here is the Alert from the National Weather service, hope you get it haven't figured out how to reply through the twitter.

    POTENTIAL WINTER WEATHER EVENT THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY...

    A STORM SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO AFFECT THE QUAD STATE REGION THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY... AND HAS THE POTENTIAL OF PRODUCING SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF WINTRY PRECIPITATION. THE BEST CHANCE OF WINTRY PRECIPITATION IS FORECAST TO BE ACROSS PORTIONS OF SOUTHEAST MISSOURI... WESTERN KENTUCKY AND THE SOUTHERN TIP OF ILLINOIS. OVER THE REMAINDER OF SOUTHERN ILLINOIS AND SOUTHWEST INDIANA WINTRY PRECIPITATION CHANCES LESSEN.

    A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT. PRECIPITATION SHOULD START OUT AS LIGHT RAIN... AND MAY MIX BRIEFLY WITH LIGHT SLEET OR LIGHT SNOW BEFORE TAPERING OFF. THIS FIRST ROUND OF LIGHT PRECIPITATION SHOULD NOT HAVE SIGNIFICANT IMPACTS.

    ROUND TWO WILL BE THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY AS SURFACE LOW PRESSURE AND ITS ASSOCIATED UPPER LEVEL SUPPORT WILL TRACK EASTWARD OUT OF THE SOUTHERN PLAINS. THE RESULT WILL BE A CHANCE OF SNOW AND POSSIBLY SLEET. AT THIS TIME IT APPEARS THE BEST CHANCE OF MODERATE ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW WILL BE SOUTH OF A LINE FROM AROUND CAPE GIRARDEAU MISSOURI TO CALHOUN KENTUCKY. THIS COULD CHANGE HOWEVER... AS THE SYSTEM IS STILL TWO TO THREE DAYS AWAY. IT IS A TRICKY CALL TO MAKE... BECAUSE THE LINE BETWEEN WHAT COULD BE APPRECIABLE ACCUMULATION... AND NOT MUCH ACCUMULATION AT ALL WILL LIKELY FALL RIGHT ACROSS OUR AREA.

    ReplyDelete