Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Two weeks left in North Dakota

I know it has been a while since my last post, but I have been busy preparing to move to Kentucky, helping Alicia fix up her new apartment, and working. I turned in my two-week notice to Wal-Mart last week and am down to 6 days of work with them.

Alicia and I have been working on fixing her bathroom...basically we changed it from a 70's style, rusty mess, to a modern spa-like look. I think we did a great job! Alicia did the painting and I helped put together the new curtain rod and cabinet.

BEFORE:

AFTER:







Aside from getting ready to move, I think reality is finally starting to hit. Two-weeks from tomorrow, I will be in Alexandria, VA, to start my career with the civil services. I will be there for a week for orientation and in-processing. Then I will fly back to Minot, and leave that night for Kentucky. Thankfully, Alicia is going with me, to help sedate Charley and help me get there quickly so I can begin the apartment search. I have been looking online and have a few in mind, but I want to actually see the apartment and the area before making a decision. Then, Tuesday, August 11th, I will report to Fort Campbell for my first day of work at my duty station. I am getting a little nervous, but I am ready to get there and get settled in to my new place and job. So, I will be ready for visitors very soon after the move...any takers?! Well, that's all for now. More to come in two weeks during my time in DC/VA.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the bathroom! I'm impressed!
    Good luck with your big move. Hope you find an apartment that is just right!

    ReplyDelete