Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Traveling around the world

I was thinking today about the many places I have been over the past month and where I will be going in the next two months. My adventure began May 14th around 15:00 (that's 3:00pm military time). I found out that I would be traveling to Washington DC and then to Alexandria, VA the next day. Little did I know that 30 minutes later, I would discover that my flight leaves from Springfield, MO instead of Fayetteville, AR at 6:00 am. We already had plans for a "going-away" party that some friends had planned, so I couldn't leave Fayetteville until 8:00pm at the earliest.


Alicia and I had a great time at the party, then she offered to drive me to Branson to meet up with some friends who let me spend the night with them and take me to the airport the next day. So, I traveled from Arkansas to Missouri one day...Missouri to Chicago to Washington DC to Alexandria, VA and all the way back to Missouri the next day!! After traveling back to Arkansas again, I had a couple days to recover and begin the next journey.

Next on my agenda was a 17 hour road trip with Charley and Alicia to Minot, ND. Little did I know I would receive a phone call somewhere in South Dakota from the Army offering me the job I applied for a week before relocating to North Dakota. This trip entailed Missouri again, Iowa, South Dakota, and finally North Dakota...can anyone say, "FARMLAND!!"

Now, I am looking forward to a trip to Minneapolis, MN a month from today, and hopefully a trip to Tennessee and Kentucky that same weekend to go apartment hunting. Finally, the last week of August I will return to Alexandria for orientation, come back to North Dakota, pack up the rest of my belongings, and travel by car down to Fort Campbell as my duty station for the next two years! I guess my mom was right when she always told me I was her gypsy. I promise to post pictures as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment